Wednesday, March 20, 2013

New Life, Adventure Calls!

I keep calling my self a fashion and jewelry designer but the truth is that I have not done much of it for the past 2 years and a half.

For a long time I wanted to get involve with more social projects and one day it randomly came to me, it had very little to do with my background, but I cared about it's mission of empowering women and helping to built a sustainable business that will support the community where it is located, and that made me the right fit at the time.

Now, almost as randomly I find myself living in Nashville, TN (I am originally from Mexico).   I had been in a long distance relationship for about 4 years, and last November while I was visiting him we decided to elope!!  If you know me, you probably saw it coming.

I kept working remotely with The Lavender Project but I could not do much where I am living, until I got my papers straight.  Last week my working permit and my resident card arrived in the mail, which means that now I really live here, and as I am faced with actually belonging to this community I am feeling awfully confused.

Our wedding dinner

        
Lesly Q

No comments:

Post a Comment